BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, July 12, 2013

Taking Care with LOVE and COMPASSION!

Meet Book Woman by Kiki.  She has been hanging on the wall in my office for years and well, she is me!  It's fun to sit and look at my alter ego - also fun to have the balance of the window to look out to the garden and see the beautiful flowers!!  I have purged so many books over the years and many of my early childhood ones more recently, but there are always more to buy, borrow and read!  The challenge is to look at the collection and ponder which direction to go first?!  Funny I was reading an article in Scientific Mind last night about boredom.  I just can't conceive of being bored!  There is so much to learn, so much to read and so much growing to do.  What I have to do though is admonish myself to Sloooooooooooooow down and let them be.  What I have to do more is realize that after all of my years on this earth plane, I have within me more info than I can even begin to process.  What I have to realize is that I have to learn to TRUST MYSELF to know that so many of the answers are within!!  Trust...balance...and a love of learning. 
   Here's a quote I wrote down from one of those books - Hungry for Change cookbook (p.77

No comments: