BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, January 27, 2012

Peace, Love and Cupcakes!!

At the PAWS reading program at the Gloucester County Library last night, yes, I met Sohpie and MC her trainer BUT I also met some totally fascinating children and their parents as well.  This 9 year old was very wise and cute and personable.  She brought a quick book with her - it was a children's picture book but she knew she could read it quickly.  I asked if this was the type of book she normally read and she said no, it was too easy.  I asked what her favorite might be and she said Biographies.  When I searched further and we talked more, I discovered that she preferred biographies of women.  "Who is your favorite?"  Without a moments hesitation, she said Mother Theresa.  I know that Mother Theresa is all about peace and love and hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder how she felt about cupcakes?!?

No comments: