BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year! Shoes on the dance floor!!


Happy New Year from Photoschmoozer!
It was New Year's Eve at Botto's in Swedesboro with Almost Fab - what a fun time!  Good food, good friends and great dancing feet!  For those of you who know me, you are aware that I love to take pictures of unique shoes.  This night, there were so many on the dance floor!  I had initially left my camera in the car, but by the time the evening moved forward, I couldn't ignore the opportunities!!

To try out the indoor photography, the flash and the shoe opportunities, I visited with friend, Cheryl first and we took time laughing and giggling and posing her feet!  Even got a cool dark red toenail in the picture!!  Notice the cute bow on the front - and wow were the heels high!!


If I could wear heels, these would be in my wardrobe (alas many of you know of the foot surgery that didn't quite 'work'!)  So I wear what is flat and comfortable and strike up great conversations with those who take the risks, have great balance and parade around in four inch heels.  These were definitely my favorites of the night - and they were sitting right next to Cheryl.  Fancy that.  Something about the pattern on the carpet complimented them too!!


Now these amazing shoes never left the dance floor the entire evening.  I sat and watched and wondered - first of all, how did she stay upright??  and how did she walk?  and how did she move the body and dance as she did?  It's a mystery to me but definitely something simple for this dancer!!


Sat with friends tonight - and these shoes belonged to Lillian - when we first walked in, it wasn't the shoes, but the sexy stockings that caught my attention - then the white shoes and the sparkly jewels!  When I wanted a picture, Lillian had already put on her soft dancing shoes, but as we talked, she was totally willing to put the shoes back on and pose them for me!!  Thanks to my new friend for the photo ops!!  Hope we create more of these.
Talking to the folks at the library today about the next show - think I will call it EXPRESS YOURSELF - and it will be all shoes!!  What fun - shoe photos - a music video for shoes - and some art cards too - express yourself - pick a card for who you would like to be!  Happy New Year!!

No comments: