BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Capture the Moment: Express Yourself!!

First things first.  A gift to myself - remember you have to nurture youself as well as others to enjoy life to the fullest - is to get my hair cut and colored every six weeks or so.  Today, Dawn Gorman, my stylist at Alfred Stephens Salon in Pitman, said, "Let's do something light and bright!!"  SURE!  And she did.  When it was all done, I loved the color and felt like Goldilocks - no bears around!!  I knew that it would last just this one day because, well, to be honest, I just don't have the patience to blow dry it and get the same effect IF I could!!  So fun it was.  See - in the past I have often switched stylists because it got to be too much sameness - and now, can you believe, I have been going to Dawn for more than 10 years!!  Life in small town USA!!
Then we got silly and why not.  Express myself - some of the many faces of Photoschmoozer!!  This one is my fun and loving face!!


 A bit perplexed here - what are we doing?  When will you stop taking pictures??


Here I get the chance to be like niece Kat who always seems to enjoy sticking out her tongue when anyone has a camera to take her picture!!   How NOT flattering - but hey it was part of the fun!!

No comments: