BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Beauty in a Block of Ice...Stop and Reflect

Just the other day, I got out of the car and stopped to look.  There, sitting in our yard was a block of ice that Bill had dumped from a big plastic bucket.  I saw the glimmer of the sun - looked at it closely and knew that Photoschmoozer had to go and get the camera.  I just sat with it and looked at the lines, the cracks, the glimmer...it was a perfect example of life and all of its components.  Then I just had to tip it over and crack it open to get at the heart of it all.  As I sat there on the sunny day, this is what I saw - and the longer I sat there, the sun shone and the ice melted and well...more to sit and reflect on.  I always say to Stop and Be Still and pay attention to what is in front of you in the HERE and NOW.  Life's lessons is we can be quiet enough to allow them!!

No comments: