BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Grandma, Purple Shoes and Buildings!!

It was the last day of the Christmas exhibit at the Brandywine River museum - trains and dolls and natural ornaments on the big trees - seems like we were there when Rebecca and Kathryn were very small and saw a lot of the same things.  Nice for a refresher and seeing the new  displays for the dolls and the doll houses.  It was a treat and the day was beautiful - so a ride was our pleasure.  Of course, Photoschmoozer is always looking about and down to see what kinds of shoes are to be seen.  This beautiful little girl had on the cutest shoes - and I asked to take her picture.  She was thrilled and so was her grandmother.  Then Grandma asked what I was planning to do with it and I told her about the Shoe video - the song that Tony wrote and the recording that is to happen this week with Minas - WATCH FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT THIS!!  I told her I was planning to write at least one book about Shoes - and she was so excited to tell me about her book.  Meet Elaine...
One day she and her young grandson went into Philadelphia and as they were driving around, he looked about and said, "Grandma - the buildings are touching the sky!"  It gave her an idea for a book - and that she did!  She was so excited - has written it and has an illustrator - has self published it - and has had some successes with selling it.  She had luck with Borders and then they closed - she was thinking about contacting Barnes and Noble next and then I told her about their news - at least Chapter 11.  So she is exploring alternative marketing ideas.  We talked about products that might go along with it as well. For me, there were two things that were really exciting -
   1. Her enthusiasm for what she is doing
   2. Her excitement for me and her willingness to help me in any way she could!!  She suggested several books - one a children's book - absolutely!! 
Now here is the resource for Elaine's book - check it out on amazon and support her!
Among the Buildings That Touch the Sky- Philadelphia (Elaine Kelly, Kelcity Books)
AMONG THE BUILDINGS THAT TOUCH THE SKY is a book written for 4-8 year old children about some of Philadelphia's historical sites and attractions. It is written by Elaine A. Kelly and Jean R. Carl and has colorful illustrations by Cathleen L. Noone... available for purchase on amazon.com

Lesson learned today - TALK TO PEOPLE - Put out Photoschmoozer's love and willingness to learn and share - and you can never tell what life will bring your way!!

No comments: