BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Organic Yellow Beets - Serendipity Stories

 OK...Here's the story of the luscious organic yellow beets.  First comes the regularly scheduled Yoga class - and by the way, don't let anyone tell you that Yoga is easy!!  It's a lot of work - my aisde and I am sore today!!  After class, Karen and I went to the Bus Stop Music Cafe for a bowl of soup - coconut curry chicken today.  We talked and Cory and Jim were deep in conversation with a young woman.  Later Cory shared that Pitman is going to have a Farmer's market starting in May - YEAH for the energy for the town!!  After that we started talking about CSAs and organic food.  "Have you been to the new Natural Foods Market in Mullica Hill," he asked.  No, but I am going out that way today and will check it out.  It's a small store filled to the brim with vegan, gluten free and other healthy choices.  Some of the products were new to me; many were not.  I  would recommend that if you are in the area, you go in and check out her products.  She even carries Brad's raw organic chips - my friend Lois demonstrates them at the Whole Foods in Princeton, NJ and I first tasted them just a few days ago.  Then we started talking about vegetables.  Danelle shared that she had been to a cooking class the previous weekend (of course, it was Christina Pirello's in Philadelphia - where Lois and I met at the 3 day food intensive - see Kevin Bacon is so right with all of the degrees of connections!)  She learned that only 17% of people eat vegetables - aside from considering potatoes their vegetable of choice.  She was pushing organic pears and golden beets.  I chose the beets.  My what a fantastic choice!!  I'm sharing them after they were steams and before we ate them.  So sweet.  So wonderful...So beautiful.  Eat your vegetables friends!!

No comments: