BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, February 18, 2011

Light Up My Life. Lighten Up My Spirit!!

Every day I wish to wake up with JOY and awake and aware and excited about the possibilities to come for the day.  Lately I have not been having that experience.  Instead I wake up with a sadness in my heart and it just doesn't feel right.  Today was different - YEAH!!  My usual style is to analyze WHY?? is that so...or what is making that happen.  Today the feeling just IS and light and wonderful.  Lois gifted me with a bracelet yestertay - one of those stretchy ones with a saying - "Think a better feeling thought."  I slept with it and definitely woke with its impact.  Then I decided to go and find Grandmother Moon since she is the gift of the full moon tonight.  Not visible with the overcast skies BUT for just a few minutes while I was outside looking, I saw the sun just perfectly shining on the big trees across the way and knew that my feelings of joy were real and I was being gifted.  See, it is a short time later and it is pretty dreary today.  I captured the moment and received the gift of the Precious Present - wasn't the one I was looking for, but I was open to whatever the Universe had to share!!  Now tonight we do our full moon drumming and who knows what unique individuals will come forth to join us at maryi's farm.

No comments: