BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Meet My Special "Family"!!

I have always been a person who loves to read and assimilate learning and knowledge.  In the past months, I am discovering that my satisfaction comes more from action and creating.  Since the Remo HealthRHYTHMS workshop in September when I had conversations with Roy about making drums, the world opened up in a different way.  See above!  First I bought a bunch of drums - frames, djembes, tubanos and more rhythmic instruments.  Then Roy said, "Did you ever make drums with sonotubes?"  What did he mean?  Well, we found some You Tube videos and written materials and took off - okay, maybe we flew for awhile and now we - and I do say we in every sense of the word because Bill is my drum making buddy - and are the proud producers of SIXTEEN - in numberals 16 - drums.  See them above and also in a photo album on my Facebook page.  And guess what - we haven't finished yet!!  My friend Annee invited me to a Fatherhood celebration and I got the idea to make 'Baby drums" and beaters to go with them!!  Oh what fun!!!  Pretty soon i will have them all posted on the blog - bet you can't wait.  My point in sharing this?  I have said that I will do what brings SPARK to me and making these drums is just that.   I am learning my priorities and choosing what i want to do with my time and who I choose to spend my time with.  It's about Letting Go and that is a challenge without a doubt - hey Oprah and I seem to come up with the same themes and eliminating all kinds of clutter is what she is discovering and sharinig this month.  ME TOO!!  I have always said that Oprah uses my words - and yet again, there is evidence!!  Yeah for both of us!!

No comments: