BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, October 15, 2010

Village Drum Circle: Faces in the Crowd

Let's continue with a great thing -drumming!! After the Drumfest, I thought, "What could be better?!"  The plan was to explore Woodstock and that's where I headed!  Walked around the town, bought a tie dyed shirt and spent time in the back room at Timekeeper Hand Drums (another post to come).  After a healthy lunch of a falafel platter with all kinds of salads/dips, I knew it was time for the Village Green drum circle.  I could hear it drawing me in!  Lucky me - there was a seat on a bench (ok the concrete got a tad bit hard on the "tousch")and a conga drum waiting to be played.  My drums were in the car but I didn't want to give up my place.  What an amazing hour and a half I spent with people of all ages, sizes and shapes!  There was drumming, dancing (I have a few videos!!) and lots of entrainment.  At the begin, K.R.Johnson had us clapping our hands to understand the beat and how it was valuable to listen and drum together.  Then we were off.  His style was to get the group started and then take a back seat and let it happen!  That he did and again, I am filled with gratitude for the spontaneous experience. 

No comments: