BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Make a Wish: Life is Tenuous!!

Life is full of beauty and the wonder of creations if we take the time to really be still and look.  Now I have to add another behavior to this - LISTEN, really LISTEN.  My friend Allison talks about 'perception check' and oh is she right on target.  I am seeing more and more signs of people not slowing down, perceiving something from their perspective(OK that's what perption is) and then NOT following through for clarification.  Two cases in point:  I have been having blood work and other tests done for ???  The other day, I talked to the doctor and asked what he was looking for since I can't go and see him for a few weeks.  "Oh it looks like you could have lupus. Go and see a rheumatologist".  Please send me the blood test results.  OK.  Then I get them and they are not the ones from the latest tests.  Since Bill's prostate surgery last year, my word that guides life is VIGILANT.  If I must pay attention to the beauty that surrounds me, I must also pay attention to caring for myself and questioning those who are my 'partners'??
   Then I was excited that I had plans to go walking in the woods with a friend on Sunday.  To my surprise, I got an email this morning saying that since I didn't sound definite, she made other plans!  Here is my point about perceptions.  I was looking forward to the time together!!  My question - and then I need to let this go, is WHY did she not ask me for clarification and to see if I was definite before she made an assumption?  Sometimes I get accused of asking too many questions, but CLARIFICATION makes for effective communications.  Wonder if I will ever get over being disappointed in the actions and behaviors of others.  How can I ever get to a simple acceptance and have no expectations??  Sorry folks, that would not be ME!!  Fall is beautiful and I will take the time to go walking in a woods with my guy - we work on communications and relationships - still can be a challange after all of these years, but we still grow together!! 

No comments: