BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Turning to One Another...Reflections...

My thoughts today are reflective so I chose a picture that is reflective as well, full of views, ideas and insights, but many without clarity.  Reflection can be a literal as what we are seeing here, what is in a puddle or a mirror or it can be what is going on within ourselves.  For me today, it is more of the within.  As our times wind down on the Zero to Three project  for Early Head Start - I could say 'only' a few more months or oh my still almost three months to go.  Which will it be?  Depends on the time and the day, the weather, the people, and the phases of the moon. (Yes, Grandmother Moon will be full in a few more days)  I find that a virtual team is a huge challenge, especially when team members don't have a vested interest in making it really work!!  Even conversations on team calls - I wish they too could be responsive and reflective - are less than satisfactory.  Many times I feel that what I say isn't heard and the words fall flat between us.  It doesn't mean that I don't value myself or my words, it means that people just don't listen to one another!!  Her opening sentences resonate in my heart:  "I believe we can change the world if we start listening to one another again.  Simple, honest, human conversation.  Simple, truthful conversation where we each have a chance to speak, we each feel heard, and we each listen well."  A challenge with face to face conversations and truly a difficulty in a virtual team when no one really listens to one another.  My wish is for change and we know that the world needs changing in this respect.  it won't be on this team, but there is always another time...different people...and different purpose!!  Think about your listening - really listening skills?!?  Are they a part of you or do you need to embrace them?!?  We begin to come alive when we can sit together and talk about what is important to us!!!

No comments: