BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yellow Shoes a Biker Doth Make


June 12 was the first annual Bob Riccio Tour De Pitman and 67 riders turned out on an absolutely gorgeous day to do the 50 miles course.  They rode 17 times around the route - in a town that seems flat but...It was fun to go to the parking lot at one end of town before the registration to see the transformation of guys into bikers and to hear their conversations about the race and the terrain.  I was able to share from a bit of personal experience that they had several good hills to negotiate many times over.  OK, it is NOT like the Manayunk Wall in that race in Philadelphia, but still it is a challenge.  Amazing thing is that 57 of the pack finished the race.  The riders came from the tri state area and there were many teams represented.  The main sponsor besides the Pitman Chamber of Commerce was the Caffeinated Cyclist, a fairly new bike store in town.  What did I learn from the experience?  The guys are great - friendly and real competitive team racers AND most bikers wear yellow shoes. From my perspective, not what I was told, I also took note that bikers have fantastic muscles in their legs that affords them the pumping power !!  What a sight to behold!!  Great team - great volunteers - great sponsors and Yeah Pitman!!  PhotoSchmoozer walked all over town and felt so a part of the town and the events. Thanks to all!

No comments: