BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, June 7, 2010

Bark Bash 2010! Drumming Fun!!!

What a feast for a drum enthusiast's eyes!! Bill and I found the Bark Bash place in West Cape May and a perfect parking space besides!  See the tent?? It consumed the entire back yard!  There were chairs set up in a circle (hey, this is a drum circle after all!!) and so many instruments in states of completion and finished.  We were wlecomed by drummers, instrument makers and other new drumming enthusiasts.  My words for the day - warm and welcoming.  I was anxious about going alone (and Bill's good nature supported me - he came, though suffered from the HEAT!!) Now I know that next time, I could do it alone and not at all feel like a stranger.  I first talked with Mark - not Mark Barkbash, but another who offered to take me and introduce me!  The next post will have people and names attached to them - now - the drums!  First we drummed for a long time, then it was time for lunch - a great barbecue with contributions from many other folks too (Thanks Carol and Mark!).  After that the group practiced for the afternoon's performance at the Strawberry Festival down the street in the park.  We all paraded down and performed.  The special part of the event, was watching the audience enjoy every minute. Then they came even more alive when there were lots of Sound Shapes for them to use!  Isn't it so much more fun when everyone has a chance to be a real part of the happenings?!  PhotoSchmoozer had a grand time taking pictures, drumming and just watching!  Made some valuable contacts with Auggie Doggie (Brigantine drumming on the beach soon), Julie who will be at Remo's HealthRhythms and Louise from Murray Grove Drum & Dance Fest (August 13-15).  Oh there were so many more but that will have to wait for another blog post!!  I promised adventure and that we had!!

No comments: