BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wacky World of Sisterhood...at the Beach!!

Meet my friend Annee! We met as professional colleagues a number of years ago and what we share has grown in leaps and bounds beyond that to an enduring kinship, sisterhood and shared values and philosophies.  For her 40th birthday (oh a few years back), Annee received a condo on the beach in Ocean City, MD.  What loving generosity from her very caring husband.  We have spent time there but just a month or two back, she acknowledged my growing love of hand drumming and invited me to come to the beach to spend the day with her and her staff.  That I did!!  Need I say it was a great time?  Nah - you can tell by our faces and 'beach hair'.   Isn't a picture worth a thousand words???   The amazing parts were the connections we wove with her staff and her children and 'stray children' on the beach as we set up a tent and played with the drums and percussion instruments.  This won't be the last time that this happens.  We are talking about again and the possibiliites of making Tube drums so that everyone can have one to call her own.  It was very difficult to leave the beach and Annee yeseterday early AM to move on toward home.  Our relationship changed it dance steps - more peaceful and even more in tune as we are each evolving into the wacky women we are totally meant to be.  Watch for more escapades.

No comments: