BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Guys Love to Hang Out and Schmooze!!

If you spend any time Uptown Pitman, you will see Tom all around town.  He is one of the favorite local characters, often has his coffee, and loves to be ornery.  This day, early in the morning the day of the Pitman Bike Race, I first noticed the 'cool guy' Wes with the Sanford t-shirt.  Then he went to get his son, the owner of the Grill (newish restaurant in town) and like, the three monkeys - though I won't assign a role of see no, hear no or speak no to any one of them - I asked them to pose for me on the bench.  They are full of life and just make PhotoSchmoozer forget the cares of the world and laugh!!  How catching can that be?  Then last week, at Fourth Friday, well, I looked around and there they were again!!  Of course, another opportunity for laughter, hugs and photo ops!!  This is life as it needs to be in Small town USA.  Now it is soon time for Fourth of July celebrations - can you believe the town even had signs printed that no one could put their chairs for the parade out before July 2?!?  It's a tradition.  Just wait until the opportunity comes for photoschmoozing with parade goers and our neighbors for the fireworks!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: