BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, July 9, 2010

Defining the Rules of Relationships?!?!?

The other day, Allison and I were joyfully creating a prototype for our Recipes for Relationships cards.  We started talking about each card and what we needed to include. Being the counselor who studied sociometrics in school, she was sharing about coencentric circles representing relationships with SELF at the center and then other levels all the way out to the casual person who comes into your life once!  Then I was talking with Karen, and she said she didn't get the 'rules of groups'.  I have been paying attention to the relationships in my own life and today was a quiet reflective day where I began thinking about the Rules of Relationships.  I am particularly perplexed about one.  I have never quite understood how to define it and now, before I could figure out the rules, they have drastically changed!!  Several of my relationships often follow the rule of calling when they are driving somewhere; others only text or email and yet others are available to truly be there and listen and care!!  You guess which are which because I won't get myself into trouble by stating the obvious!!   Allison and I talk about the Ingredients for Relationships.  I look for respect, trust and lots of listening.  I strive to reciprocate though I do know that neither I nor anyone else is 'perfect'!!  What we really need to strive for is all of the aforementioned ingregients and then add acceptance.  What we also have to realize is that not everyone is meant to have a close relationship with everyone else. It's a lot of work to be a human being and engage in the dance of relationships.  Sometimes our toes and those of others hurt as they get stepped on,  The beauty is that we keep listening to the rhythms and strive to get in step!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: