BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, July 23, 2010

Twins Turn Twenty!!! YEAH!!

Can you believe this?!?!  It was just 'yesterday' when my brother-in-law Mark called and said, "The girls are here!"  Yes, we knew how many and the sex as well, so the excitement wasn't quite as strong and oh wow as it might have been with a total surprise.  Still it was a joy and a blessing - two totally healthy individuals and yes they are twins.  Rebecca Lynn, on the left, is a junior at Goucher College in Baltimore.  She will be studying abroad in the Fall in England.  On the right is Kathryn Hope, a junior at Dickinson College, in Carlisle, PA.  She will be studyiing abroad in Argentina and leaves in a week!!  As the proud aunt who is entitled to spoil these girls, I could go on and on with pictures and stories but, every family has their wonderful children.  These are just ours!!  How their personalities and temperaments have evolved were evident from the beginning yet, there are twists and turns and surprises that make the adventure of their growing up delightful!  As I get to know them as young adults, I hear how one believes she was affected by the other and their reality doesn't always match mine!  I say that 20 is the age when young people come into their own, and my girls are yet more evidence of just that fact!   In my ways, I love and affirm them and as always, wish them love, joy and the gift of empowerment to be all they can be!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: