BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, May 14, 2010

U of PA Seniors Celebrate THE END!!

Yesterday I met my sister, Lisa, at the Union League in Philadelphia.  She had stayed at their Inn and was in town for a ULI event.  As I was driving through town to find a parking lot, I started seeing these HUGE groups of  students dressed in yellow Sesame Street t-shirts.  Once I found Lisa, we were sitting on the front 'porch' of the Union League, rocking away, and a group of kids posed on the step. Being the ever curious Photoschmoozer that I am, I had to find out what was going on!!  Here is what I discovered...Sunday is their graduation, so en masse, they decided to go from Second Street all the way back to their campus on a BAR HOP!!  Oh to be  young and energetic and celebratory.  What's next for them?  Didn't matter yesterday as they walked and laughed and stopped and drank. They were living in the present moment!!

Now here is the funny part of the conversation!  After I noticed the definite individuality of their shirt designs, I looked down on an arm and saw ALL of this writing!  Of course, I had to ask about that as well.  Seems it is her agenda for the day with the names and addresses of the bars they are going to!  Live and Learn.  If you don't ask, you don't find out.  Wonder why Mom always challenged me on that and said I asked too many questions.  Funny, I am working with someone now who says the same thing.  Soon that relationship will be over and I will be off with Young spirited, bright, creative and curious friends and colleagues.  Won't have it any other way from now on!!  Life is too short not to be lived to the fullest!!


No comments: