BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, May 30, 2010

An Imperfect Sleep...Thoughtful Reflections

Last week, I was talking to my dear friend Susan (which one, since I have many Susans in my life, you have to decide!!)  She and I do a daily report about how we slept and why that might be so.  This conversation was no different!!  Two 60 something women talking about their interrupted sleep and what we do in the interim!!  All of a sudden, Susan talked about her 'donut hole' sleep!  "WHAT??"  I said.  To her the metaphor was perfect and when she explained it to me, yes, it was.  Look at sleep like a donut - maybe one that is puffy and filled with lovely cream rather life a soft pillow.  Now when this is interrupted in the middle of the night, well, there is a hole in the donut!   When I went on an adventure to Atlantic City the other day, I saw a piece of bread on the beach, and decided that it reminded me of another version of sleep.  The whole soft piece of bread with a hole in the middle!!  So, being PhotoSchmoozer and having my camera with me, I took the picture and am sharing it all with you.  Make sense to you??
Voodoo Doughnut Documentary Project Now we really have to admit that though the picture of the bread and the hole is cute, these 'holey' donuts sure do look tempting!!  I signed up for Zemanta(not sure yet how it all works) and when I write words, they give me a bunch of extra pictures to add if I choose.  WOW I got my donut picture AND told my sleep story with bread!!  Win...Win!!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: