BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Sweet Sounds of Rhythms and Relationships!!

It's always about serendipity and being in the right place at the right time!!  Years ago, maryi and I and a small group of women drmmed at full moon time at the 'farm'.  We lost touch over the years, but I still kept drumming in my head and heart though I didn't exercise the hands.  A few years ago, One Spirit book club had a kit with a hand drum, book and CD by Christine Stevens, music therapist and Remo Drum company's music director.  I bought it!!  Everything came alive.  Then I read The Healing Power of the Drum and invited Robert Lawrence Friedman, the author, to do a drum circle/workshop in Pitman last October - full moon and our anniversary.  After that, some drumming at the farm and in our living room - more drums and more connections.  I was invited to Pitman Manor to drum with the senior citizens women's group.  We went back again Christmas Day to drum with those more involved.  It was a pleasure to see so many show their spirit through their eyes or a brief smile as I placed a drum mallet in their hands and encouraged them to try!  I saw my sister, Lisa, do the same thing (twins born 9 years apart).  The story continues as Carol, the activities director at the Manor invited me to her house for a Christmas Eve open house. There, a young man, Aubrey, had a ceramin doumbek and I totally loved its 'sweet' sound.  I looked around and finally discovered Full Circle Drums - Ishmael and Patra, on a mountain top near Santa Barbara, CA. What you see is what I got!!  Ishmael offered to send me pictures of 5 drums he had just made that were not yet on their web-site.  http://www.fullcircledrums.com/  and I could have first choice.  I chose Spiral Mandala.  Now I am going to a drum circle tomorrow in Baltimore, MD with Jonathan Murray and another next week near home (more about that after it is over!)  In September, Conni-Joi and I will be spending 3 days with Remo,Christine Stevens and Barry Bittman,MD, for a Health Rhythms training.  (See the Remo web-site for more details about the Princeton, NJ training 9/9-11)  After that...the world is wide open and you can be sure you will hear about Spirit of Joi: Rhythms and Relationships for fun, healing and self-discovery.  Keep reading and invite us to drum with you or your group.  Life is full of spirited, energetic like minded souls and I LOVE IT!!  Join our circle or do you have one of your own?  Share that with us     catchthemright@aol.com  
Life is too fragile to not live, love, laugh, dance and DRUM!!


No comments: