BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Schmoozing Companions!!

Today the smile is a glow and as my friend, Judy Dingler from NJ Spirituality wrote, I am letting my light shine!!  When Jim called me the other day about interviewing "Photoschmoozer extraordinaire", I was thrilled and without a moment's hesitation said SURE!!  It's come past the point where I would say "Why me" and believe that it is totally cool!!  Today the article appeared in the Gloucester County Times and on Gloucester County Times on line.  As I read it to Bill this morning, he laughed out loud - several times - and I asked WHY?  His comment, "It is like you wrote it!!"    Yes, Jim picked up on my words but it wasn't until just a few minutes ago that I truly realized why?!?  See, Jim is a fellow Schmoozer and it takes one to recognize the other and value what is happening!!  He does - I do - WE do!!  His closing point about me in the article was about SYNCHRONICITIES and isn't that what I often write about in this blog?  Life is one giant synchronicity - just keep your eyes and ears open, be still and recognize them!!  YEAH!!!  YAY!!! or however else you might want to spell it - it's said the same!!!

 
So for those of you who don't know him...yet...meet Jim Six - he's a writer - to me, he is best with the human interest stories and he's been doing it for years.  For that same amount of tiime, he has been a singer/songwriter - songs about vultures for the Vulture Festival, songs about bull riding at the Rodeo - though you will not have the complete expreience until you hear the loooooooooooong story about what happened before and after the bullriding - have to go to one of his performances.  Last week, he played at the New Dodge Market in Elmer.  He's been at the Bus Stop Music Cafe, Coffee Works in Voorhees, Bogarts Books in Milville and the Barrinigton Coffeehouse.  Probably more, but that is a good indication of where you might look for him.  When he plays with my son, Jon and Greg Potter, they often tease about "Jim Six, just like the number!!"
No matter folks - it takes one to know one and I am honored and pleased to be a Jim Six friend, buddy and groupie too!!
Watch for his appearance at the Uptown Pitman Farm Market this summer - catch us on Facebook     Uptown Pitman Farm Market   

No comments: