BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Murals in the Frankford neighborhood...WOW!!

 La la la la la - fa la la!!  Today I was on my own and what makes Photoschmoozer happier than to be able to wander neighborhoods and see what I can see!  I had finished acupuncture, it was still lilght and off I went!!  
This was in the neighborhood of 2033 Frankford - Say AHHHH for Acupuncture - individual but group session with Caroline and our hostess Jessica.  Totally right for my healing and stage of life.  This mural expressed the music I was feeling in my heart - the fairies had been dancing and playing with me and the music was all around!!!  Tra la la - sunshine - fairies and the light of day to play on the walls and with the trees!!  All alone to discover the synchronicities of what was always about me!!
Tried my bestest to get in the whole shebang but couldn't quite get the plate and fork on the left - but the rest of the dinner was waiting.  I just stood for a long time feeling whimsical and wondering first of all how someone comes up with the idea and then how long it takes them to implement it.  As my friend Richie would say , "Awesome dude!"
Now this one is a total contradiction to the bright and colorful and whimsical but totally suiting my peaceful mood after I left 2033 - Say Aaaahhhhh -
a calla lily - another lily - a bird - maybe a cockateil - maybe something else but defintiely a big white bird and put together so well.  The fascinating part is how Mother Nature plays her part and adds in the trees and sky and stuff of real life to augment the work.  Maybe society could have left out the light post but hey it's modern times right!!
If I were kind and generous, I would call this one a mural as well, but truthfully it and several other walls were simply some of the most amazing graffitti I have ever seen.  It's all over the city and as I drove my GPS totally crazy by getting 'her' to recalculate almost constantly, I found all of these little streets that she never would have gotten me to!!  So, thanks Samantha - you are there in a pinch when I feel totally lost -but otherwise, you are going to have to work overtime to do your job and keep
striving to figure out where I am because more often than not, I know!!
 I wonder if this work is even on the list of the more than 3000 murals in the City of Philadelphia - I have to search for a comprehensive list and begin to check them off!!

No comments: