BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Madeleine, Goldie and Healing Harp Music

It's not everyday that an Irish harpist comes to present a concert in a Yoga Studio in P:itman, NJ but yesterday was the exception.  Meet Madeleine Doherty.  When she comes to the states, she borrows "Goldie" from a music professor at West Chester University and they travel around the area - playing and healing.  Saturday afternoon more than 20 individuals gathered inat Yoga Inspired studio in Pitman, NJ for just this experience.  Madeleine offered us the stories of her life, her amazing harp playing and singing and a healing workshop as well!  We know so much about colors - or should I say colours?? and their significance in healing our lives.  so many of us have been blessed to experience Madeleine's beauty - within and without.
s
Meet Denise Ashcraft, the owner of Yoga Inspired studio on Broadway in Pitman, NJ.  It was here that Madeleine and a few 'able helpers' , carried Goldie to the second floor to entertain in the peaceful environment.  Denise was celebrating the first anniversary of the studio.  I remembered saying that I wanted to do yoga and I wanted it to be in Pitman.  Now remember synchronicities - I was walking downtown a few hours later, and for the first time noticed the Coming Soon sign for Yoga Inspired.  Now it is a year later - and Congratulations to Denise for bringing so much to the Pitman community!!

In the audience was Anna  - a fourteen year old - learning to play the harp and blessed with an aunt who brought her to the concert.  My joy was watching Anna watching Madeleine and just taking in so much information.  While we listened to Madeleine and learned so much of her life's adventures  - the joys and the struggles - I talked to Anna - and took in this lesson myself - we are always on the Journey of self discovery and everything and everyone we encounter along the way has lessons for us as we are also their teachers. For this we must always be grateful!!

No comments: