BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, March 30, 2012

All About Me!!!

Well my friends...It's not every day that I choose to post pictur es of me and tell my own story, but this time it is necessary and amazing.  I got an email from a newspaper correspondent who said he wanted to write a column about "Photoschmoozer extraodinaire" and yesterday we talked!  Sunday the article and some of these photos wil be in the Gloucester County Times with Jim Six's byline!  Usually I share what I affirm and recognize about others - and rightly so but this time, the  glory is mine and I will accept it!!  It's funny to think about what life in RETIREMENT is all about?!?!?  Can't seem to find the rocking chair and the tv clicker to watch the day time shows because life is too full and this collage offers snippets of a 60 something person going out to MEET LIFE!!  Life is tenuous and short in some ways, so for Photoschmoozer/Martie, this is an imperative!!  We go sailing on a schooner, make art cards and prints, appreciate the beauty of nature, study nutrition and eat healthy foods, do yoga and water class for arthritis and read and study and learn in between.  Oh, lest we forget, there is the Uptown Pitman Farm Market that I am coordinating and what a bang up season this will be!!  Phew...time for one of those 'senior specials' a mid afternoon nap before I am off to Philadelphia for a show, Motherhood the Musical!!  Just remember always to live life in the present moment and always look for the schmoozing and synchronicities!!  Love life - love yourself!  It's the only way to go!!

No comments: