BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflections from a Peaceful Place

It's been a month now that I have been going to the Virtua health club - water class for arthritis.  It is warm and wonderful and mesmerizing.  Remember I always say to stop and look around you and reflect on what you see?  This is no exception.  We are there mid afternoon when the sun has come around to the west and shines in so brightly.  I get in the water and just am still because I watch the dances going on - the beautiful relatioinships between the sun and the water and the movement - I cause some of it by moving my body, but some just happens naturally .  It is a special time.  Though I hurt at times, I would not miss the warmth of the water that envelopes me!!  Then as an aside, there is the warmth of the people in the class - many older than I and phenomenal role models but that is a discussion for another time!!

Everything is a picture and everything is a story - fascinating to look at the shadows of the railings with the light and the water.  Such joy in life from the simple pleasures!  Don't go looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - see the treasures that are all around you.  Reading a book now about Aging as a Spiritual Practice by Lewis Richmond and in it he talks about ATTENTION.  In the Chinese characters for the word, it is about being still and being in the here and now.  This is what the water, the warmth and the pool do for me - maybe it is time for more than once a week?!?!/

No comments: