BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sharon loves her flip flops!!!!

 Just beginning to share a few of the pairs of flip flops that are in my collection.  These belong to a young thing - looks like she is borrowing Mommy's shoes huh?  And that she was because they were fun and they were what she thought she wanted to wear with her long dress.




Seems it is most fun to be out and about in the warm weather and then there seem to be a wealth of flip flops and sandals. Gosh they do go together with warm weather!!  These were a bit unique both with color and decorations.  Why was she wearing these?  Obvious and the response was, "Because pink is my favorite color!"

 Then one day I was at a conference in Asheville, North Carolina and saw these flip flops.  OMG - of course I had to ask for a photo op.  Seems this woman's daughter made them and she was so proud to wear them everwhere she went!  She had sure to climb up on the chair so I could get the best photo vantage - and made sure to tell me that these were so cool that she could wear them with just about every outfit she owned because of the multitude of colors.
Now, meet Sharon - the Library Director in Pitman, NJ. The other night we were at a Valentine's Social for the Uptown Pitman Chamber of Commerce and we began to talk about all kinds of projects.  Since Photoschmoozer has a photo show now at the library, I started talking about the next show - how about SHOES?!?  WOW was Sharon excited.  Seems she has more than 60 pairs of flip-flops and would love to share them with me.  She said that she has them organized all over her house by color - in baskets, closets and wherever.  We made a pinky swear for me to come for photo ops and Sharon was so excited that her flip flops collection would be famous!!  Gosh who can ever tell what will happen!!?!?!?  Stay tuned. See - it's all about synchronicities - start and conversation and just see where it all leads.

No comments: