BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, February 13, 2012

Anthony in Motion: Whole Foods Cooking class

Got a message from my friend, Lois Brown, the other day, asking me if I wanted to join her at a cooking class at Whole Foods Wellness Center, Princeton.  Sure - it's always a treat to spend the time with Lois and to listen and learn from Anthony Dissen.  Today's topic was Mexican and Anthony made tamales from screatch with blue corn flour.  What to wrap them in to steam them?  Banana leaves!  Lesson learned - can't always use what you want, but you can always find something to use!!  One of the greatest parts of the cooking class is the overhead screen that shows us everything the chef is doing - and today was no exception.

A fun part of the class is just watching Anthony in motion!  It's a challenge for Photoschmoozer to take pictures of this expressive guy because the camera isn't equipped to capture so much motion!!  I ended up with more than 50 pictures and this is a great representation of how I saw Anthony.  Isn't he adorable?  And knowledgeable?  And not afraid to try new things in a cooking class!!  It was worth the ride to Princeton - time with my friend, Lois, a class with Anthony and meeting a new friend - guess what her name is?? Marti!!    See - alwasy taking about synchronicities - and I am sure I will see her again - and we have stories to share!!

No comments: