BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reclaiming My Spirit of Joy!!

The SUN is shining - the days are longer - and it is time to reclaim my spirit of JOY!  It's been behind some clouds - sometimes goes there when I try too hard to be the person that someone else thinks I should be!  Not a grand feeling.  The other night I was looking for a book to read - just something different and 'discovered' on my office shelf TAKING OUR PLACES: The Buddhist Path to Truly Growing Up.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Felt like there were some messages within for me - growing up - maturity - what is it?   And get this - the book has been on my shelf since 2004.  Guess you don't look for the teacher until you are ready??  What has it said to me so far?? 
"The vow to never grow up is a commitment to a quest for truth and a courage in living."
"Maturity is waking up to what's real even if it doesn't meet our desires and expectations."  Now am I not struggling with Expectations?  Am I not struggling with people saying "Well, that's the way I am."  Essentially I feel like they are saying deal with it BUT in my mind's eye, there is a lack of reciprocity and respect.   Have to ponder this one some more to get the lessons squeezed out of it.
"Our tomorrows are life's endless possibilities and they arise in response to our passion to give ourselves fully to what we are doing wherever we are."
and the final one now...the strength of a mature person comes from FLEXIBILITY!!
So what am I saying?  Am I rambling?  I don't think so.  I think I am going back to the necessity of living in the present moment, being who I am and standing firm to my convictions.  If I can accept that of myself, then I can be further along the road to maturity. 
Thanks to Norman Fischer for taking the time to write this book!!
And always  GRATITUDE to LIFE for playing the music and engaging me in the dance!! 

No comments: