BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Changes are Clearly Coming...

I can feel it in the air, see it in the trees and the garden flowers, hear the sounds of the insects and watch the squirrel's activity.  Yes, the acorns are all over the deck as well!!  Fall is coming.  For me, it is the most powerful time of year.  It is the Jewish New Year (and I remember my times with my Dad), Jon is coming for a long visit (it's been a year since we saw him), my work is changing and I am paying closer attention to health and the foods that nurture my body, mind and spirit.  As I looked at this picture, I saw so many things to share.  First I saw the light on the leaves and then their spectacular color.  My eyes drew me through to a hazy view of what is to come!!  The vew in the distance isn't clear but then I realize that It's all about change and uncertainty. It will become clear as the days move forward. I used to think I was adaptable and flexible; maybe sometimes I am.  Sometimes that is not the truth at all and I WANT TO KNOW!  At times like that I turn to my friends, my flower essences and today made myself a drink filled with patience and acceptance - for myself and for others.  As we evolve, we often encounter challenges.  For me, the patience and acceptance are lessons.  And I realize that I am not perfect, so the patience and acceptance has to come from within as much as it is spread to others.  In fact, I would think it has to be there first for myself and then it can easily be shared with others!!  I talk about synchronicity and I am open to what is to come!!

No comments: