BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Perfect Together!!

Imagine these conversations:  my friend Bernadette has no wheels, found a man's bike and is looking for one more her size.  Our son Jon is coming home from Japan in just FOUR short days and we've been talking about his fixing up the bike in the basement so he can continue his long distance riding.  Then allow your imagination to be riding in the car with me on the way home from work in Delaware on Friday. As we are heading down the homestretch, I glance to the left and see the perfect bike for Bernadette.  So I go and pick her up from the Bus Stop Music Cafe in Pitman and go check out the bike.  She's had some health news that has given her a bit of a setback, so no bike, but HEY WHY SHOULDN'T I BUY IT FOR ME??  The price was right and the fit is perfect.  Then I stood there thinking some more.  Thank goodness for cell phones.  "Bill come down the street and check this out!!"  Yes, we agree, it would be perfect for Jon and the price is equal to or less than his fixing up the other one.  SOLD!  SOLD!!  We scurried to the ATM to get him the $$ and then believe this.  He works at Rowan and was leaving for work in a few minutes, so he could put them in his truck and drop them off at our house.  WIN! WIN!!  Jon has the yellow bike; I have the red bike and we will have a wonderful 16 days visit beginning in a few short days!!  See I always tell you to keep your eyes open and watch for the synchronicities!!

No comments: