BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stand Up and Be Counted!!

A few weeks ago, Allison and I spent a day with folks at Read Aloud Delaware conference connecting, presenting and visiting with old friends.  Our workshops were about Capturing the Senses in a Literacy Rich Environment and of course with Infants and Toddlers.  As Allison said the other day, "We are the infant/toddler experts!"  Feels so right!  Now we have to get people to pay attention to the uniqueness of those years.  It will come.  But yes, I am digressing.  I've been told that my mind wanders but then it comes back to task!  As we talked about neurons and firing connections through experiences, we decided that a tangerine would be a great way for a hands on activity!  So we brought bags of tangerines (lucky for us, there were only 25 in each group).  As we talked about  a sense, we talked about how the simplilcity of the tangerine could be used to see, hear, smell, touch and taste.  As we got to the touch and taste pieces, we encouraged everyone to peel theirs and live the experiences. As I began peeling, I got the 'message' to keep the skin intact and that I did!  Comments about creativity came my way.  So I thought, "What if I kept this and dried it out?"  That I did and as it took form, it reminded me of a person - maybe I will create a doll.  Today I took it out to the garden for a photo op and this is what I am sharing with you.  Remember I always talk about capturing the moment??  Well, here's another cool example of how the peel became a doll person!!  What can you do to create something fun out of the ordinary and unexpected!?!  Give it a try!!

No comments: