BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spirit of JOI!! Rhythms and Relationships

NOTHING IS BY ACCIDENT!!  A few months ago, I went to a drumming workshop in Mullica Hill.  I did not take the time to make my own Native American drum since Bill had just come home after surgery, but I did choose to buy one from the teacher.  I digress - so what else is new??  There were about 8 drums in one corner of the room and I went to sit with them and quietly listen to decide which one was talking with me!  Right there with me were several gentle souls who listened to the sounds and took part in my decision making.  One of these people was Conni-Joi and she is a Joi!!  Now the amazing fact is that she lives a few blocks from us!!  It's unusual for me to go somewhere and connect with someone who lives in my town and even on my 'side' of the town.  Since then we have been walking - this picture was from one day recently at Betty Park by Alcyon Lake in Pitman - talking, cooking and sharing energy and healing.  Now we have joined a CSA =- organic vegetables weekly and will build our relationship on healthy living and healthy cooking.  Maybe someday - you will have to wait to hear about this - we might expand our activities to reach out in healiing ways to our world!!  For now, we live the simple way and share quiet experiences - music, drumming, and especially love of nature!  OK Mom, so I continue to talk to everyone and once again, I show that it is necessary because you never know!!

No comments: