BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Look Up! Look Up! What Do You See??

Sunday was special in so many ways!  DARE to AFFIRM is all about RESPECT and when I got a postcard for a show with the same name - Respect - a Woman's Journey, well...I knew I had to go. It was Allison's birthday and I decided the perfect treat would be an adventure to Philadelphia for lunch, the show and whatever else presented itself to us.  Waking up to perfect weather was the first gift of the day!  Going out to play with a friend was the second.  Our intention was to laugh and have FUN and that we did.  It was lunch at Famous 4th Street Deli - funny though - PhotoSchmoozer forgot to take a picture of the GIANT piece of cake we had - layers and layers of banana cream, chocolate and cake!  It was enough for the entire birthday party!!  Then we had to walk it off by strolling down South Street.  One of the lessons learned there is to look around, look down and look UP!  That's why the giant ant is on this blog.  It was 'crawling' across the top of a building!  There used to be a shop called Zipperhead and these ants are left over on the building.  IF I had just people watched or walked straight along with a focused purpose, I would have missed this and so many other murals and signs.  Just a lesson to all of you...stop where you are and look all around to see what is really present in your world.  You will be so totally surprised!

 Yet another surprise!  These friends were travelling up the side of the building to go and visit their friend at the top. What a celebration was to occur!!  See I said that you had to look all over!!

No comments: