BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playing in the Sandbox

It was a really HOT day in Central Park in New York City and PhotoSchmoozer was there with the Gloucester County Photography group for a day of photo ops!  What could we see?  What would we share?  My focus (no pun intended) is on relationships and especially those with and among children.  How fortunate to get to a shady spot and see this group playing together.  Lucky to have a zoom so I wouldn't bother them, I stood outside the fenced in area and was STILL and watched.  They used their words, they used one another's shovels and buckets, they all decided to remove their shoes and they watched one another.  There was no sand throwing, grabbing or otherwise out of sorts behaviors. Lately, as I have beeen 'playing in the sandbox' with big people through my work and volunteer efforts, I keep thinking back to the children in the park and wondering when children lost the sharing and become so much more about their own interests.  I have been working a lot with collaborative efforts and wonder why these big people can't sit in the sandbox and play well together?!?  Is it about funding, self interests, and a lack of realization that we are all working toward the same goals?  Is it about needing to use power to be right and control others? Is it forgetting that times are challenging and IF we all played well in the sandbox and shared our toys, there would actually be more for everyone?!?  I wouldn't point fingers or name names, but I do have my child-like wishes that people would stop, watch, and reflect on the mission that we are ALL about and share their toys!! 

No comments: