BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, April 19, 2010

IVY and ELLIE!! Too Sweet!!

A few months ago, Allison showed me a stuffed elephant she had bought for her friend who was going through chemotheraphy.  It made me laugh when I squeezed the foot and listened to her singing!  No, I don't remember the song, but it was lively.  A few weeks ago, I knew I had to purge more 'stuff' and the elephant needed a new home.  My friend, Heather, in Nebraska has a four year old and I have decided to somewhat adopt them as the daughter/granddaughter I would love to have - so I thought about finding a new home for the elephant.  I packed her up for mailing and sent her winging to a new home.  I also wrote a note with one of my greeting cards using my photos - gosh people love those!!  This one had a pair of pink cowgirl boots. I thought Ivy would like them!  Turns out she has a pair of the boots, named the elephant "Ellie" and it's her best friend.  In fact, she often sleeps with her.  Yesterday Heather took pictures of Ivy and Ellie and sent them to me.  Today I share them with you.  She is a charmer - so full of energy and imagination - a free spirit that many of us long to be.  I hope to go and meet her in person so we can dance together and sprinkle fairy dust all around us.  Make a wish...you never know when it will come true!!  My Guardian Angel, Filaree is such a spirit and everyday, I can feel her coming more alive in ME!!  Just the other day, someone said, "Martie you are such a free spirit!"  Ah to believe other people's perceptions.  Every day a little bit more - Believe and your wishes can come true!!
                                 


No comments: