BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter's Restful Repose



As promised, here is my special treat from the Noyes Museum.  We went to see the Wierd,NJ photo exhibit and that we did.  BUT there was more to see and I, PhotoSchmoozer didn't let snow in the sculpture garden keep me away!  What is a little cold and a lot of snow??  Adventure!!  What attracted me as I looked out the window??  Sculptures of women in restful repose.  I opened the door and kept it propped open so I didn't get locked out and went to visit.  Remember the BE STILL part I always write about.  I was out there alone with these silen women and being still was the way to be and NOT an option!  No, I can't tell you who the artist is or if the subject has a name.  It was just there for me and to be enjoyed.  I seem to be attracted to them as I was at Grounds for Sculpture as well.  I just wanted to share my new friend with you.

No comments: