BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, February 22, 2010

Snowbound!!

 
We went to the Noyes Museum in Oceanville, NJ for an exhibit of Wierd NJ photography.  That we saw...and crafts...and gilded painting on glass...and a jewelry making class, but what drew our attention was what was happening outside.  There was a sculpture garden where I was able to go out amidst the snow and capture women in repose (X-rated for this blog).  I will share their absolutely peaceful faces another day.  When we were leaving, we walked out in the warm Spring like day.  Here we saw the contradiction of the day and loved the chairs, the fascinating trees and the shadows cast on the snow.  Have you been noticing the shadows of the trees on the snow?  They are enough to give you pause. My advice is to catch them in the early morning when you have that special light so that there is a dance going on.  Never mind that this was taken in the late afternoon- still pretty spectacular.  It so fit with my philosophy of just sitting and being still and watching what was going on around you.  There is an energy in these chairs and I can be sure that the next time we go back, they will be waiting and welcoming in the Spring!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: