BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Very Special Gift and All is Well!!

Tuesday, February 18, I had to leave home before the crack of dawn and it was incredibly dark, like the middle of the night!  I thought what a joyous gift I was to receive since I would be traveling south on the road in Delaware as the sun came up.  As I watched and waited, my thoughts went to the gray and dreary day - a sky full of clouds.  What would I see?  AMAZEMENT!!   At the Canal Bridge, about halfway into the journey, I got to the top and looked to my left!  There on the horizon was the most spectaculat orange/yellow panel of color with a bright red ball - the sun - in the midst!!  I knew it would not be safe to take a picture while driving, so I reached for the camera, turned it on and was ready to pull over once I got to the bottom of the bridge.  Guess what?!?  There was NO red or orange in the sky.  The clouds were thick and gray and I never saw the sunrise!  I knew then that the day would be a good one.  I had received a very special gift and this one is forever in my heart!  Can't be shared with words, but then words can draw pictures and images for you to imagine!  What an experience!!  And the day went well!!~  (PS  This photo is NOT from that experience but illustrates the glory of what I saw!)

No comments: