BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Habitat for Humanity Volunteers






Stranger #5 - though I could count them as two? Our town has a "Restore" - a store for Habitat for Humanity. It's a second hand place with furniture and lots of other 'stuff' to buy to raise money for Habitat. Yesterday's outing took us there and we found a wonderful cream leather chair. As I was resting in it, waiting for Bill to pay, I saw this young man sitting on a nearby couch. Then I looked up at the woman standing near him. Gosh I knew they had to be related! Since she had a name tag on, I knew she was volunteering there. We started out by talking about the comfort of the couch and just kept going. Annette and her family are the lucky recipients of a Habitat house that is being built for them. One of the requirements is that you must work on your house. In the warmer weather, they helped dig for the foundation, but now that it is cold, Annette asked if there was something else she could do. YES, you can volunteer in Restore. Later when the house gets framed up and enclosed, they will go back and paint and do other inside work. What else?? Well she is a phlebotomist at a local hospital. Found that out when she asked where I had my surgery- not the same place. She has been doing it for awhile and really likes what she does. The biggest challenge of the work is to be able to spell what she does!! And the shy boy? He wants to be a professional football player. If that doesn't work out, he wants to work with animal rescue. Lucky for them - their new house is being built right near the county animal shelter and Amin is going to get a dog from there when they move in (though he says it is going to be this week...hmmmm) All you have to do is smile at someone; they will return the smile, and the conversation flows from there!!

No comments: