BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Buddy Fries Bologna!!





It all started out as a Saturday morning trip to the grocery store. I'm still healing from my foot surgery (maybe 2 more weeks with the boot) so I got to have a blast and toddle around the store in one of their electric carts that turns on a dime! It is my second experience and I think I still have to go back for yet one more. It offers a different perspective on life from a different level and angle. When we were in the frozen food section, i spied a box of creamed chipped beef. Oh my goodness did it bring back memories. I looked at the ingredients and decided we needed to make our own "healthier" recipe. Off we went to the meat, cheese and dairy aisle looking for the package - IF it still existed. It was there!! While I was sitting and looking at the different brands, I realized I was blocking this guy from buying his choice of bologna. "Oh, am I in your way?" "No, I can reach it." He started telling me that I should eally be buying the bologna because there was NOTHING better than a fried bologna sandwich. I grew up with fried salami, but bologna?? It turns out Buddy does all of the cooking in his house and his two kids, Ruby Marie and John Tommy, love this sandwich. I commented on how lucky Buddy's wife was and he shared that he was a stay at home dad and had been for 11 years and absolutely loves it! How the rest of the conversation came about, I don't know. Turns out he loves music and goes to any festival in the area that he can find. Now he has taken up a new hobby - building guitars and has just completed the first one for his son. bill shared how he is thinking of building a stringed instrument from a cigar box and the videos hehas found on You Tube. then we talked about musicians and we just had to tell him about Home Made Jamz, the group we met who make their own instruments from car parts. Turns out Buddy lives in our town - we gave him our email and yet another stranger could well turn into a friend. It's amazing what can happen when the Photo Schmoozer says HI (anyone can do it!!). When I talk about the 100 strangers project on Flickr, people are fascinated and want to share. No problem friends. Just don't be shy!! Studs Terkel always tells us that everyone has a story to tell. Just have to ask...and then be willing to listen. Give it a try. You will be surprised!

No comments: