BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bobbie...and the Necklace: Shining Stars!!

Flickr is always creating new groups and inviting folks. This time I joined the 100 strangers project and well, it fits the Photo Schmoozer temperament!! Last night I was able to get out and go to a Crazy Quilt meeting to see my friends. When I walked into the room, I was immediately attracted to this smile and of course, the necklace!! I went right over and introduced myself to someone who was new to me. Meet Bobbie!! She is FUN and full of stories about her life. Where does one start?? Many years ago, she attended Glassboro State College (now Rowan University) and majored in criminal justice. She worked in the prison system locally and thought, there just had to be more. So...off to join the Peace Corp and head to Micronesia. She was posted to "Truck" - the state, that is as big as Texas with a land mass the size of part of Rhode Island. She worked there in the prison system with sex offenders and was able to use her training as well as her skills with hypnosis to work with the prisoners. She also married a native!! When it was time for their child to be born (Matthew is 21 now), Bobbie taught her friend hypnosis for the birthing. She figured out she couldn't do it for herself. She stayed for 10 years and then moved back to the states with Matthew - his mom describes him as a talented musician!! She shared stories about so many other things too...she reads palms and has been doing so since she was 18. She has done firewalking and has been trained as a Reiki practitioner. And of course, she is a quilter. Her sister is the current coordinator of the S.Jersey Crazy Quilt group. I know we only touched the surface in our conversations for several reasons - we were in the midst of an 80th birthday celebration for our founder, we ran out of time, and Bobbie is a great facilitator and listener - and she asked me as many questions as I did with her!! We have only just begun, and imagine, I am only at #3 of my hundred strangers project!!

No comments: