BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Healing Takes Time and a Team!!

I know I always say "Don't leave home without it" - the camera I mean. The only time I had to break that rule was when I was scheduled for surgery and you can be sure that the camera was NOT sterile and would not be allowed in the operating room. Besides, I had blocks and general anesthesia. Guess they thought I was 'too chatty' and decided to still me so that I wouldn't want to be a part of that team. Yesterday was different and I put Baby Fuji in my pocket for the adventure. It was time to go and see how the healing was doing. GROSS!! I only selected a few pictures because the others are NOT for the faint of heart. They actually make me feel queasy when I look at them!! The whole team was there - Danielle took off the boot and unwrapped the dried bloody caked bandages. Then the foot was cleaned off and Dr. Daniel (in the tie of course!!) came in to check on his work. He liked how it was healing. Next step was for DuBrill, the great 'tech' to come in with the scalpel and the scissors and cut out the stitches. Finally, they showed Bill and me how to take care of the foot with new bandages and wraps - and the BOOT! It is front and center for another three weeks. The beauty now...I can take it all off and TAKE A SHOWER!! It has been three and a half weeks. NO, the camera will NOT come into the shower with me. This is all a blessing and having the Photo Schmoozer camera with me was certainly a great distraction from feeling him cutting the stitches away! Yeah for the camera!!! Thanks too to my healing team. It definitely happens together and the body plays a major role in that tool.

No comments: