BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Monday, August 11, 2008

What an Opening Line!!!

DO YOU ALWAYS USE A CAPO TO MATCH YOUR OUTFIT??This past Saturday, Bill and I went to the Chester County Fiddler's Picnic in Hibernia Park near Coatesville, PA. As is our usual way of doing things, we each wander in different directions, see what we can see, and then find one another again and share "what is". This time Bill shared that he had seen a woman with a PINK CAPO. It's the gadget used for tuning the guitar. He wondered if she changed them depending on the outfit she was wearing. For me, this was a great "one liner" - a conversation starter. Later I went over to where she was playing and whispered the question in her ear. I met TECLA GAY. She laughed. "No, it is pink for breast cancer." As a "girl thing", we then launched into breast cancer conversations - friends, family and the Sister Study. It was great!! I asked to take some pictures of her..."OK. I like that", she said. I saw her, pretty in pink and then took a picture of the capo close up. When I showed it to Tecla in the camera, she said, "It would be perfect on my new CD!!" I put the pictures on a CD and they are in the mail...I am lucky to have a new friend, satisfying music to listen to from Tecla Gay's CD WHERE I BELONG, and some great photos as an extra special gift. It always pays to talk...and then listen. There are so many fascinating stories to be heard!!

No comments: