BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ready for Take Off!!!
















Imagine driving into the parking lot by the Cohansey River in Greenwich,NJ, ready to have a quiet lunch at the Bait Box restaurant (we had finally found it after several trips in their direction). What greeted us, besides the wonderful variety of boats, was "THIS"??? What?!?! Because we had followed the Bait Box directions on their web site and seemed to drive "forever', we decided that lunch first was in order. When we came out, I strolled over to look at this and was wondering what it was. At that point, a guy in a truck came close and teasingly told me there were "postcards for sale inside"!! Naive as I am, I asked, "Inside the space ship or in the shop?" He laughed and then proceeded to tell me the story about this outer space looking structure. Seems his work is restoring fiber glass boats, and since this is made of fiberglass, he has been comissioned to refinish this for someone to live in!! Seems a guy bought it from an amusement pier in "south jersey" (He was from Florida so did not know that Greenwich is also in South Jersey!!) It has been a part of a thrill ride. When the excitement was over, the people would get off and walk through this. Imagine living in a structure like this.

The guy who owns this one just located another in Denver and had sent my buddy out to look at it. Next stop, living in Denver for awhile to fix that one up, What a career and life of adventure he has chosen. My point is that if I had not bothered to engage him in conversation, I would still be wondering about the outerspace structure!! It doesn't pay to be hesitant or shy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It looks like a ride that used to be in Clementon Park!