BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Walk With Me...

Yesterday I went to meet my friend Theresa for lunch at the Painted Cottage Cafe in Collingswood, NJ. Yes, of course, my camera "friend" was with me on this adventure. In fact, I took the Canon and the Panasonic, for good measure just to be sure that I could bring home what I saw!! Indeed I did!! I never go out thinking "what am I going to photograph today?" That for me is NOT what this is all about. It is about me and my buddies out on an adventure. It is about quieting my mind and being still to receive. Yesterday, I parked and when I got out of the car, I just stood still on the sidewalk (Haddon Avenue) to take in my surroundings. I saw SIGNS everywhere. I couldn't walk without looking all around me - up, down, around. I have been training my eyes to look for all of the possibilities. Somehow, I also think about creating stories and making collages to present my visions. Yesterday was no different. I wanted to be able to invite my friends to "Walk with me" and that I did. Welcome to this little piece of the world and the signs that show us what this part of town is all about.
Please take a minute to notice the one contradiction in the collage - the picture in the lower right corner. Read its message...
GO INTO THE WORLD AND DO WELL, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY GO INTO THE WORLD AND DO GOOD!!
No need to say anymore fellow photographers. Just go out and look around you...and then look around somemore. Keep your eyes and your heart wide open for receiving!! It's a feeling of peace and gratitude and a way to live in the "precious present".

No comments: