BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Sunday Morning Storm!!



The Sunday morning storm. It all began with what sounded like a hot air balloon flying overhead. Listening more closely, we realized it was thunder but way in the distance. Within 20 minutes, the thunder came closer and a gentle rain came down. It smelled sweet like a spring/summer rain. Just a bit more and the thunder became louder and the rain became harder. The lightening was showing itself as well. I sat on the porch talking to my good friend Susan, and she asked "Do you have the camera?" Silly me - I did not. I said, "Call you back and went to get my "buddy". This is what I saw within the next half hour - pouring rain, giant hail stones (2 bottom left pictures) [well Bill says maybe not so giant!! poetic license], water streaming down the street and pouring out of the neighbor's gutter and then the cars spashing in the giant puddles. After the storm, the sun, but alas, no rainbow. It's an hour later and the thunder can still be heard in the distance and the sky lightens and darkens...not over yet?? Brrrr...It feels like Fall!!

No comments: