BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wishing to meet Seward!! Just Happened!!

Have you ever visited the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton Twp, NJ near Trenton?  Well let me suggest to you that it is an everchanging and incredible experience.  Knowing that the weather was to be a balmy winter's day - 60 degrees on December 22 with sunshine to accompany the day, Bill and I set off earlyish (for us anyhow) to explore.  Photoschmoozer was alive and well and in the mode of just being open to spontaneous experiences - and that she received.  First, conversations with Kathy in the gift shop - another whole story!  Then I said to her, "Does Seward Johnson come here often?"  She said there are some organized visits, but he just comes and hangs out quite a bit.  I said I hoped that one day I would have the opportunity to meet the man whose vision, energy and works created this place.  Off we went.
This is a sculpture of Seward Johnson - isolated him as he sits among friends at an afernoon party on the Grounds.  You have to explore and find it!

Then as we wandered and looked, I saw a man strolling with friends.  I looked and ?!?!?!?!?  Yes...Now remember how I talk about Photoschmoozer and just opening conversations??  I walked over and said, "I wonder what your name might be?"  He responded, "I have many names but today I am Seward!!"  I shared my wish - and my wish come true - and then as we chatted, I asked if I could take his picture - no problem in posing - and since we were right by one of his sculptures - fairly easy to do on the Grounds - I asked him to sit with his 'friend'.  WOW - I was like such a 'groupie' that the only thing I forgot was to ask Bill to take my picture with him!!  Have to get him in the habit of doing that spontaneously rather than watching!!                    Within seconds, I could hear Seward's sense of humor and totally appreicate his panache - how many guys - except a person who is so totally creative, daring and true to himself would walk about with a purple and blue pashma scarf??  Totally fitting!!  So - NEVER be afraid to talk to anyone - life is too short!!  Thanks Seward for a most exciting few minutes!!

No comments: