BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Value, Affirmation and Friendships!!

Never take a friend for granted.  We aren't gifted with many real ones in life and when they come along, we have to step back and just be still with the realization of what happens in the relationship and be at peace with it!!  This is Allison and me when I still thought that short hair was who I "needed" to be to be 'proper'. Then I would have been acceptable that my hair was 'age appropriate' - really!!  Allison and I met years ago and then remet and got to know one another - we trained together, laughed and talked and planned and lived with DARE to AFFIRM - shared common interests - and now share a friendship that comes of knowledge and familiarity with LIFE and memories as our commonality.  Just to acknowledge APPRECIATION for this.  Why this and why now?  Maybe it is a comparison that led to this appreciation - the other night, I needed to hear a friend's voice for comfort - for reassurance - and I called another.  She didn't answer and didn't call back.  The next day, I got a 'coach/cheerleader' email that told me that she was there in the virtual world and IF we had talked, this is what she would have said.  Thanked her for the words BUT said what I really wanted/needed was the minutes of friend time and a voice.  I asked her to share how she defines friend/friendship?!?  I suppose I could ask that of many others - a survey - but I know in my heart how I think of it - and yes, I have been told that I have unrealistic expectations - but geeeeeeeez I am human!!  Technology can easily get in the way of real time caring or at least voice contact on the phone!  Maybe I am getting older - but I totally appreciate and value the contact of my friends and family!!  Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: