BE STILL...and SEE Photography

Reflecting on who I am...what is important to me...and the gifts I offer the world, I have reorganized this PhotoSchmoozer blog into separate pages for your viewing. I am about so much...people - relationships - drums and rhythms and especially photography...and I realize that although separate, they are all so INTEGRATED into the Whole of who I am!! It's a very peaceful thought and I am thankful for the intuitive gift to see the connections and the relationships. Enjoy the journey through the blog...and WELCOME.
Contemplative photography is about being totally present and seeing exactly what is before you, without filters or judgment. It is about seeing with your heart.Doesn't everyone see what is before them? Not really. You may see a candle on a table. Do you also see the shadows it creates? Or the reflections that the light casts on it? Or it's underlying shape and form?



DRUMS, Rhythms and Relationships

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fearless and Free with a Dollop of Joyous Rapture!!

Lois is my synchronistic friend. (Well, if I reflect clearly on that statement, isn't every one of my friends a synchronistic one??) We first met years ago at Christina Pirello's cooking intensive and have continued our dance of relationships in a variety of ways- now we are acknowledging that photography is another of the paths we are to share!!  The other day, we were talking about life's goals - the wish to be completely fearless and free. Next day, we sweltered as we walked the Grounds for Sculpture seeking yet more wonderful 'perfect' sculptures to photograph. One of my classmates had done photos of a ballerina and my quest was to discover her. I took pictures from many angles, but as I was looking at them, Fearless and Free jumped right out to offer me a clear message. I share her here as I have done already with my Facebook friends. She is me...I am she...who I am and what I am growing into!!
This is the companion piece to Fearless and Free. I call her Joyous Rapture-maybe Bliss- a pleasure!! You can choose the best feeliing that comes to your mind as you are still and view this picture. My greatest wish is that you take the time and receive her message. It's what we so need to do - take the time to stop, notice and reflect on the message that comes to us. It's so hot right now - stopping for moments of quietude is just what we need on a mid Summer's day.  Please heed my advice and offer yourself the gift of the Precious Present!!


This is the Fearless and Free photo. If I were totally savy with the computer, she would be back at the beginning where she belongs...but, the joy is that she is here!!

No comments: